- Provide legal advice, assistance and guidance on legal matters/issues to all departments of the Bank.
- Draft, review and advise on legal agreements / documentation / securities, in particular for Commodity Trade Finance and Wealth Management departments.
- Deal with any national or international civil, criminal or administrative requests/investigations or decisions from criminal/civil authorities, bankruptcy office, etc.
- Conduct legal analysis and research on various legal matters, including under foreign laws with external assistance.
- Draft or review the internal rules, directives and forms and ensure their conformity with the Swiss legislation’s requirements.
- Negotiate and finalize legal documentation/agreements with clients or their legal representatives.
- Prepare or coordinate actions and keep track of external counsels’ interventions for legal advices/matters, banking issues and litigation.
- Analyse and report to the hierarchy any new legal requirements or changes to existing Swiss laws and regulations related to own function and ensure their internal implementation.
- University degree in law, with Bar exams and license to practice in Switzerland. Admitted to Swiss Bar is an advantage.
- 10 years of professional experience in a similar role in the banking area in Commodity Trade Finance and/or Wealth Management.
- Very good knowledge of Swiss banking law in general and long experience in many various foreign laws related in particular to litigations, bankruptcy and securities.
- Ability to quickly assess a situation with strong sense of priorities and organization.
- Solid analytical skills and ability to synthetize.
- Pro-active with a strong problem-solving ability.
- Natural capacity for persuading and convincing.
- Dynamic, flexible and capable of working independently, self-responsible and used to time pressure.
- Excellent drafting and strong communication skills both oral and written in English and French.
- Swiss resident